i have not written.
i have not wanted to write.
i have not wanted anything but to be left alone.
and that is hard to type out since i know it’s us that makes me better.
me + you = better.
i have had a change in perspective. not huge, not overly dramatic.
just that, in order for me to be the best be forever lovely writer that i may be, i need you. and music. and NO chipmunks.
i need your voices, your concerns, your funny, silly jokes.
your comments light my way.
i need pointless questionnaires (that really aren’t pointless, because i get to know you more). fill out a few, and send me them, okay?
i need community. just good old-looking out for each other community.
so here’s where i’m at:
1. i think that growing food is super awesome. i don’t know how organic farmers do it. my pepper plants are eaten but by critters, not me (it saddens me that rl’s jalapenos are caput thus far, he so enjoyed them). my tomatoes are infected. i literally cried over my garden. yep, i’m that girl. and, i don’t care! i love my garden, and i want it to flourish! any tips? garlic cloves are in place. chicken coop wire is up (although i do need to create the other garden box one, that may help).
2. i think all chipmunks
should die should go to a chipmunk retirement home. they are evil annoying little rodents who kill gardens and joy. particularly mine. and i’ve saved two from drowning (in a homemade chipmunk trap). but for goodness sakes – please spay and neuter your chipmunks!
3. i believe lily-white legs are the new thing. like never-see-the-sun-unless-it’s-africa-hot-outside white. i rock them out often. just sayin.
4. i still don’t have all the answers, but i’m trying like hellobeautiful to find them out.
summer skirt+fun heels+lawn seats+sisters = happiness
5. concerts save me. music is my lifeblood. in this here and now, before the eternal question of my resting place, i like to shake my booty, and bop my head. not only did i get to see sarah mclachlan with my two sisters (better than mint bear claw ice cream, and that’s tough to do), but i am going to ben harper in september. what? my favorite? yes. his voice fills my crackly soul with goodness and hope.
6. my posts don’t all have to change the world, and i don’t need to worry if one or two or 500 people don’t like them. i am the writer. i am a writer. it feels really good to realize that.
7. i can’t WAIT to watch alex reese and her sweet pals play ball this weekend! bring on the cheering and home runs! go Gatorcats!
8. there is nothing as soothing as a friend’s voice, and more awesome is her laughter. thank you my sweet kate.
9. i will soon be the proud owner of 1/4 of a cow. will you please send along recipes that are somewhat healthy? stews, burgers, etc.
10. i have a goal of my craft room/creative space that i’m now calling the be room, to be fully functional by august 1st. wish me free time. etsy should be up and running by september 1st. wish me prayers and good luck, and buddha belly rubs all around. and most importantly – COURAGE.
orange makes me VERY happy!
11. and to end on an odd note, let’s pick b sharp.
stay LOVELY my friends,